Sunday, February 1, 2015

Southern Pines Through My Viewfinder


We hopped over to Southern Pines Yesterday, just because it has a quaint little Downtown area. I wanted to get some pictures of the train station and the main street. We had a really good time and some great Cuban Sandwiches at the Bell Tree Pub. After walking around the area checking out the cool shops, like River Jacks, we decided that we are definitely coming back for a weekend, soon. We want to stay in the Jefferson Inn, and then get some night shots of the town. I want some very late shots when there are not as many cars and people. I think the old style lighting will make some great pictures.So here are the images I made no real order to them just a random collection of the town.



I developed some of them in color. This wall lamp at the entrance to the historically restored Jefferson Inn caught my eye. I developed it in color and black and white, for the colors in reflecting the glass.



Sharon pointed these icicles out to me while I was shooting the train station. They were in the shade, but the sun was just getting to them. The icicles had started to melt, and that gave them some interesting shapes. It is so great when Sharon can come with me on a shoot, she has a great eye for great shots. To be truthful, she points out a lot of the shots I take.I am pretty Lucky, think I'll keep her.



We also stopped at the Fresh Market store in Aberdeen on the way out and I made a few pictures there also. I will be so glad when the one in Fayetteville is finished. I love to shop at that store. Their meat, seafood and produce are so fresh and great looking.


These last two I just love the lines, and the light.

Ok, that's it for now, but don't forget to check out my Crated Store. You can buy most of my work there. If you see a picture in my blog and can't find it in the store for sale, shoot me a message and I will get it uploaded for you. The prices are really reasonable for the art. You can get prints, framed prints, canvases and much more. They will print many sizes, and again if they don't list the size you want, send me a message and I will see what I can do, I have access to many other sizes.

Well thanks for stopping by and tell your friends about the blog, I am sure they will like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment