Monday, February 9, 2015

TtV with My "New" Old Kodak Duaflex IV


I saw a post on Pinterest (go figure) of shot through the viewfinder (ttv) of and old waist-level finder camera. It was pretty cool, I wanted to do that also, just one problem, didn't have a waist-level finder camera. No problem Ebay to the rescue. I found several and this one looked like it was in good shape. The seller said it was in good shape and as far as he could tell it should work, but he had not tried it with film. So I bought it after all, don't need film for what I wanted to do. It arrived a few days later, and I was pleasantly surprised at just how good a shape it was in. I can't find anything wrong with it. There are no scratches on the lens or the viewfinder. Also, the shutter works just like it is supposed to. So later I will get some film and try that also. Today I set up both the Kodak and my Canon and made a few pictures. I am happy with the way that they turned out. They have an old time feel ( some of that I did in LR and PS) that I was hoping for. Made some neat pictures. I also saw on Pinterest, how to form a sleeve and that hooks the DSLR to the Kodak so that the shots actually look like they were taken with the old camera. That will come later. For now here is my set-up.



This is a few of the pictures I made.



Like I said I will got some film (found it on B&H Camera ) and try that out also going to make the sleeve and give that try.Whatever happens this was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment