Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Page Of Quotes That Inspire Me



My life is shaped by the urgent need
to wander and observe, and my camera
is my passport.
- Steve McCurry
A still photograph is something which you can always go back to.
You can put it on your wall and look at it again and again.
Because it is that frozen moment. I think it tends to burn
into your psyche. It becomes ingrained in your mind. A powerful
picture becomes iconic of a place or a time or a situation.
- Steve McCurry
Steve was privileged to be able to shoot the last roll of Kodachrome Film. On July 14, 2010, it was announced that the last roll of Kodachrome manufactured had been developed by Dwayne's for photographer Steve McCurry on assignment for National Geographic. Although McCurry retains ownership of the slides, prints of the 36 slides are permanently housed at the George Eastman House in Rochester, New York and most of the pictures have been published on the Internet by Vanity Fair magazine.


At it’s best, photojournalism is
both the mirror and window, a
means to enlightenment that
connects subject and viewer
through the heart, eye and mind
of the photojournalist. It’s the
photographers responsibility to
show truth with the camera.
—Tom Kennedy




To the complaint, ‘There are no
people in these photographs,’ I
respond, There are always two
people: the photographer and
the viewer.”
ANSEL ADAMS


I work in colour sometimes,
but I guess the images I most connect to,
historically speaking, are in black and white.
I see more in black and white - I like the abstraction of it.
Mary Ellen Mark

Photographer Mary Ellen Mark, (1979) and Marlon Brando: “Apocalypse Now” set. She got inside the inner circle to capture many intimate and emotive shots. Brave and powerful artist


Think about the photo before and after,
never during. The secret is to take your time.
You mustn't go too fast. The subject must
forget about you. Then, however,
you must be very quick.
Henri Cartier-Bresson
Henri Cartier-Bresson is considered to be a founding father of modern photojournalism. His passion and work took him to different parts of the world and he photographed several major international events in his time, such as the Spanish Civil War and the 1968 French uprisings.

Just a few of the photographers that inspire me and drive me to better my work. Who inspires your imagination? Leave me a note in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment