Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sun Rise through The Market House


This event only happens twice a year, On Nov 11 and Jan 29. You can get the shots the day either side of those days. But the optimum days are the 11th and 29th. The famous shot, of the sun rising through the arches of the Market House here in Fayetteville, was taken by Johnny Horne of the Fayetteville Observer. Since that shot appeared people have come in the early hours of the morning to make their own iconic photo. This morning was no different, as the sun began to rise the excitement in the little crowd of photographers rose, and shutters whirled. Yes, I was down there also in the mix, well at least at the fringes. I had decided that while this is a great photo, that I would concentrate more on the people who came to capture it. So here are my images from this morning.



Sharon even got caught up in the excitement.



I also did some in color:



Thought this was a cool shot of Sharon's phone with the Market House in focus.



Johnny Horne was in attendance, perhaps watching a student from his Fundamentals of Digital Photography class.



Well, of course I didn't go all the way down there this morning and not get a shot of the show.



Sharon and I got down there this morning about 0645 or so, and I had time to get a couple of shots of the Market House and this one light pole's shadow that Sharon pointed out to me.



This was a great time and I am glad that I made it downtown for it. I plan to be there again at the Nov. and Jan. next year events.

No comments:

Post a Comment