Monday, January 12, 2015

Streets of Charlotte and NoDa


Had a great time in Charlotte Saturday. Sharon had a watercolor workshop and I roamed the streets of uptown Charlotte. It was interesting, a lot to see and shoot. It is amazing how much is not open on the weekends. I had to settle for coffee at Panera's because there were no coffee shops open. Now I am not knocking Panera's, I just wanted a more local coffee shop. Anyway had a good time walking around looking at the amazing buildings. Here are some of the street shots I made.



After I picked up Sharon we went to NoDa (short for "North Davidson") , and I quote " NoDa is Charlotte’s historic arts and entertainment district – a neighborhood where the people are as diverse as the art, live music, craft beers, restaurants, custom gifts and tattoos you will find here. " What drew us here other than the artsy stuff was the discovery of the "Smelly Cat Coffee House".. Yes, that is the name....if you are a Aficionados of the popular TV series "Friends", you Get it... for those who are not ....Look it Up!!!... LOL. Ok, are you ready for a kicker.....Sharon knew a couple that was there, from Asheville, and the man's name was.....here it comes.... Chandler...WOW!!!!!...again look it UP. Well, here are some photos from the shop and the area.



Notice the poster for "Zappa Plays Zappa".

I might just have to go back over there that.

I MEAN IT IS DWEEZIL RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have more shots from uptown Charlotte and will get them developed soon and post. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment