Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Touristy Stuff


I got most of the shots that I liked developed last night. Most are Uptown Charlotte a few from the South End, and NoDa. Really had a great time, we are going again this weekend, for the second part of the watercolor workshop Sharon is attending. I will be making more photos somewhere. Maybe the Raptor Recovery Center. There is so much to see in the Charlotte area pretty much anywhere is a great place to make photos.
Ok, here are the tourist photos of Charlotte, Up Town, South End and NoDa.

Also just to show that I can do color also. If you think some are over processed, you are probably right. But my blog, my pictures, and I make art not documentary. I shoot and develop what I like. Hope you enjoy also.


The African Culture Museum ....There are a bunch of museums in this area. I need to plan a trip to come and just go to them.

This is the Bank of America Corporate Tower... the architecture here is really amazing. This is the tallest building in Charlotte, Height: 871 feet Floors: 60, The building sits on top of the Rudisill Gold Mine, a mine from the nation's first gold rush in Charlotte. Construction workers actually found gold while working on this project.

Here is a sign post with the miles to the different Charlotte's around the country, this is in a park called the Green. It is in between the Mint Museum and the Charlotte Convention Center.

In front of the Hilton, there is this cool fountain. Everywhere you go there is something very interesting to see and do.

The Charlotte Firebird stands in front of the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art Affectionately known as "Disco Chicken" by area residents.

The Hearst Tower Truely a architectual feat.



Now this is pretty cool it is the knife edge of the Omni Hotel building, cool reflection huh....


One WellsFargo Center


This clock is in front of the WellsFargo Building, and stands near the fountain above.


The Johnston Building (known as Midtown Plaza today),


I thought this was pretty cool, they have these rent-a-bikes at the parking lot I parked in, with the Duke Energy Center in the background. They also have electric car hook up in many places in the city. Go Green!!!!

A
A parting shot of the the city, looking up at the Duke Energy Center Building. By square footage, this is the largest building in Charlotte. This building was intended to be the headquarters of Wachovia Bank .

Now to South End, I really didn't do much here just went to pick Sharon up. But, of course, when I got there I found something to shoot. I really was impressed with the Mosaics on the wall of the gallery. Her Watercolor Workshop was held in the Ciel Gallery by Caroline Brown. The other ladies, that attended were surprised that Sharon came all the way from Fayetteville to attend.




Ok I know everyone does it ..but that's just because it's Cool...lol...Me waiting for Sharon.

"NoDa is Charlotte’s historic arts and entertainment district – a neighborhood where the people are as diverse as the art, live music, craft beers, restaurants, custom gifts and tattoos you will find here. NoDa is dedicated to promoting the arts, living eco-friendly lifestyles, supporting small businesses, encouraging diversity and aiding fellow charities." NoDa
This is so cool. First they have the Smelly Cat Coffeehouse and Roasters, but the rest of the place is so Artsy cool. Also, Dweelise Zappa is playing in the Neighborhood Theater across the street from the Smelly Cat Coffe House.





Sharon joining a drum line soon???



Well I have to have at least one of us being tourist....Ha!





So, that was my view of the Charlotte area for the first time. Well the first time I really got out and roamed the city. Like I said we are going back this Saturday and have some more fun. Will post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment