Sunday, March 1, 2015

Art Exhibit At the Sweet Palette






We made it down to fourth Friday last week, and it was great. I had heard about a Rob Robbers art exhibit and wanted to check it out. It was really a fun evening. It was held in the gallery area of the cupcake shoppe on Person st. in the circle, The Sweet Palette. Really cool little shoppe, they had Tyler King playing acoustical guitar. the shoppe had a really great atmosphere and the music was great. We had just eaten and I was too full to have anything more than coffee which was really good (they get their coffee from my favourite coffee roaster Jaun at The Cumberland Coffee Rosters in Hope Mills.) Sharon did get one of their cheesecake bites. She said it was very good. Just the right size so as not to make you feel guilty for eating the whole slice of cheesecake.

So here are just some shots I made while there.



Yes, I did take most of these sitting at my table, I do plan to go back down there one evening before they take the show down and get some more. I will add them when I get them. the paintings were really cool. The artist had a real unique take on some famous people, like Edgar Allan Poe, Humphry Bogart, and Audrey Hepburn to name a few. Very interesting. I liked it. You should if you get a chance, go down and check the gallery out, and get a great cup of coffee.

Here are a couple of other shots made the same night.


Here is a few of shots my wife took:

No comments:

Post a Comment