Monday, December 15, 2014


Well, did the Polar Bear Plunge at Smith Lake Army Recreation area , on FT Bragg, this past Saturday, That was different. Wow, you know when you plan on doing something like this you know that it will be cold....very cold but you have know idea how cold until you are waist deep and your legs stop working. It was really an eye opener, it was a blast, but soooooooooo cold, can't wait to do it again next year.My wife says that I will do anything for a T-shirt, maybe that's true,I have a lot of T-shirts..lol.
Ok here are a few of the shots my wife took, these are with my new Sony a5100 camera that I won from Photography Concentrate in their Black Friday Ultimate Camera Giveaway. Thanks, Rob & Lauren, love this camera and winning it is awesome.
These were taken in the auto mode so my wife could just point and shoot, so straight out of the camera, have not been to LR or PS.


Ok I reaaaaaallllyyyyyyyy HAVE TO LOOSE SOME WEIGHT,,,,,,,WOW ok this is the picture that is it for me back to the gym tomorrow.

I made it to the rope,that was the 5ft level. WhenI hit waist deep my leggs stopped working, just flat stopped, andI dove in and swam from there and most of the way back . Leggs came back on line on the way out.
Well that is on frosty old man there .....it was fun like I said. Went from here to my new Favorite Thai Resturant and had hot soup to raise the core temp back close to normal.




The proceeds from this event went the Ft Bragg MWRto help the troops and their families. I will have more pictures of the event later that I took. I didn't get them developed in LS & PS this weekend, because after I had soup and warmed up we went out to the DZ and watched part of the Gemeinde Meteor shower,it was about 34 degrees out there. LOL so it was a very cold day and night.
Will post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment