Monday, December 29, 2014

Refraction and Bokeh


It is really a blah day outside today. Rainy and cool, and I feel every bump, bruise, tear, break and every hard landing from the last 54 years. So I stayed in and did some work with my new Sony ILCE 5100. Playing around with Light refracting through water in a glass, and the Bokeh effect I can get with different apertures. Sharon was doing some of her magic with the watercolors and made a great model for the background.



Still need to practice this, want to do this downtown in front of some of the neon signs.

Update 12/29/2014

My wife liked the third photo the best,but she thought that it would be better, or less distracting if I would tone down or remove the light by her head. Well, I tried to just tone it down using the quick mask mode in PS, but the light is too overexposed and blown out. There is just no information there to work with. So I decided to just use the spot healing brush tool and blend it out of the photo. Here is the original and the Redux:




No comments:

Post a Comment